Conference general presentation
Arid regions are known for their limited potentiality of water resources. The sustainable management of water resources in these areas is a permanent challenge, due to the growing demand, linked to population growth coupled with the negative impacts of climate change.
The edition 2023 of GIRE3D is an opportunity for all water stakeholders to exchange methodologies adapted to the exploitation and management of water in such contexts. This edition will allow, among other things, to:
- Promote the dialogue between scientific research and professionals in the water sector.
- Create a platform for debate and exchange of experiences between the various national and international stakeholders on the theme of water in arid zones.
The GIRE3D International Congress is co-organized by the Moroccan Committee of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (CM-AIH) and the Hydraulic Basin Agency of Sakia El Hamra and Oued Eddahab, in partnership with the Directorate of Research and Water Planning..
New Important Dates
New Submission deadline Paper : August 31, 2023
Acceptance Notification September : 30, 2023
Registration deadline: November 05, 2023
Congress day: 23 - 25 November 2023
Laayoune is an Atlantic city in southern Morocco. The climate is mild, without excessive heat. Temperatures rarely exceed 28°C due to cool sea winds. The city is served daily from/by Casablanca by Royal Air Maroc (RAM)
- ✅ Water resources and climate change: adaptation and resilience,
- ✅ Coastal aquifers, quality, diagnosis and monitoring,
- ✅ Alternative resources and water technologies: desalination, artificial recharge, wastewater and reuse, collection of rainwater and fog,
- ✅ Water saving in agriculture: new technologies and management strategies,
- ✅ Exploration and exploitation of deep water resources,
- ✅ Quality, Vulnerability and Protection of Water Resources,
- ✅ Chemical and isotopic tracers: contribution to the functioning of hydrological systems,
- ✅ Numerical Modeling, Geo-information, Remote sensing, Geomatics, Artificial Intelligence...
- ✅ Water Heritage, Governance and Future Challenges at the Basin Scale
- ✅ Water and Society: The Need for Participatory Water Management and a Sustainable Society
- ✅ Thematics sessions
- ✅ Poster session
- ✅ Excursions: Laâyoune desalination station, STEP, deep drilling site, Saguia El Hamra dam
- All papers must be of good scientific quality and in the scope of the event topics
- All papers will be peer-reviewed by two experts in the field
- All papers must be written in proper English; the abstract and title present key information about the subject and include important keywords
- Papers are longer than an abstract or a short report (4 pages min and 6 pages maximum)
The official languages of the Congress are English, French, Spanish and Arabic